The Barracuda Web Application Firewall has a comprehensive logging feature to record significant events. Events related to HTTP traffic, actions of the Barracuda Web Application Firewall, and user actions are captured in logs. These log messages enable a system administrator to:
- Obtain information about the Barracuda Web Application Firewall traffic and performance.
- Analyze logs for suspicious activity.
- Troubleshoot problems.
The following types of logs are available in the Barracuda Web Application Firewall:
- Web Firewall Logs
- Access logs
- Audit logs
- System Logs
- Network Firewall Logs
Each log in Web Firewall Logs, System Logs and Network Firewall Logs is associated with a log level that indicates the severity of the log. An administrator can configure the severity level based on the error messages/information that needs to be recorded in the logs. You can export the logs in .csv format and save the file to your desktop using Generate CSV File and Download CSV File options.
- 0-Emergency – System is unusable (highest priority).
- 1-Alert – Response must be taken immediately.
- 2-Critical – Critical conditions.
- 3-Error – Error conditions.
- 4-Warning – Warning conditions.
- 5-Notice – Normal but significant condition.
- 6-Information – Informational message (on ACL configuration changes).
- 7-Debug – Debug-level message (lowest priority).
In This Section: