Integrating the Barracuda Web Application Firewall with Slack allows you to push WAF alerts and notifications to a specified Slack channel. You can configure the Barracuda Web Application Firewall to send specific notifications (based on type, severity) to the configured Slack channel.
Before You Begin
- Create a channel on Slack where you want to receive notifications.
Install the incoming-webhook app on the channel. For more information on how to set up incoming Webhooks, see Setting up Incoming-WebHooks for Slack .
Configuring the Barracuda CloudGen WAF to Send Notifications to Slack
Step 1: Configure the Webhook and Slack Channel
- Go to the BASIC > Administration page and provide details to configure the webhook for the Slack channel:
Webhook URL - Enter the webhook URL. For example https://hooks.slack.com/services .
- Click Test. This action sends a test message to the configured Slack channel to validate whether the entered webhook is correct. A success message “Message Sent” is displayed if the validation is correct. The Slack channel displays the message received from the Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
Step 2: Configure Notification Types
- Go to the BASIC > Notifications page.
- Select the severity of messages for which you want alert notifications to be received on the channel.
- Select the modules for which you want the alert notifications to be received.
- The notifications are sent to Slack channels whenever the configured events are triggered.