This Integration of Barracuda CloudGen WAF with Slack allows you to push WAF alerts and notifications to a specified Slack channel. You configure WAF to send specific notifications (based on type, severity) to the configured Slack channel.
Before you Begin
- Create a channel on Slack where you want to receive notifications.
Install the incoming-webhook app on the channel. For more information on how to set up incoming Webhooks refer to, Setting up Incoming-WebHooks for Slack.
Configuring the Barracuda CloudGen WAF to send Notifications to Slack
Step 1: Configure Webhook and Slack channel
- Go to BASIC > Administration page and provide details to configure the Web-hook for their Slack Channel.
- Webhook URL - Enter Webhook URL. For example https://hooks.slack.com/services.
- Click Test. This action sends a test message to the configured slack channel to validate if the entered Webhook is correct. A success message “Message Sent” is displayed if the validation is correct. The Slack channel displays the message received from WAF.
Step 2: Configure notification types
- Go to BASIC >Notifications page.
- Select the severity of messages for which you want alert notifications to be received on the channel.
- Select the modules for which you want the alert notifications to be received.
- The notifications are sent to slack channels whenever the configured events are triggered.