The Barracuda Web Application Firewall supports API Discovery for APIs that are built with the OpenAPI specification. You can import new OpenAPI specification file or associate an existing specification file to a service. The OpenAPI schema in JSON/YAML for specification versions 2.0, 3.0, and 3.0.1 are supported for API Discovery.
The OpenAPI specification is a widely adopted standard for documenting APIs. They are easy to understand and enable users to secure their endpoints with ease while using the Barracuda Web Application Firewall. The OpenAPI Schema is represented through YAML or JSON files that are easy to read.
If the APIs are defined in an OpenAPI Specification file, you can easily import them to Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
Perform the following steps:
- Navigate to WEBSITES > JSON Security and then click Import API Spec.
- Click Browse, select the JSON/YAML OpenAPI specification file that you want to upload, and then click Next.
- Specify values for the following fields:
- Service - Name of the service. The value appears by default. Click the drop-down list and select the service if you want to change.
- API Specs to be used - The specification file that should be used. The user can import or use the existing specification file.
- Import new Spec file - imports a new specification file.
- Associate existing Spec file - associates an existing specification file to a service. Swagger, Open API, and Google API files are supported.
- API Spec Name - Name for the configuration.
- API Specs to be used - This field is enabled only when the Associate existing Spec file option is selected. It lists all the existing specification files available for associating to a service.
- Click Next. The values in all the fields appears by default. However, you can alter the brute force values for endpoints by clicking the down arrow.
- Click Next. Change the default values if needed.
- Click Next. The Configure Authentication and Authorization page appears. Select the authentication service that you want to apply to the configuration.
- Click Preview to preview the configuration before applying. Click Apply to apply the schema through RESTful API.
- Select the API endpoints that you want to configure, and then select Next.
- Specify the required advanced configuration values, and then click Apply. The configured configuration is applied through the RESTful API.
- Click Preview if you want to preview the configuration before applying.