The Barracuda Web Application Firewall supports API Discovery for APIs that are built with the OpenAPI specification. The OpenAPI schema in JSON/YAML for specification versions 2.0, 3.0, and 3.0.1 are supported for API Discovery.
The OpenAPI specification is a widely adopted standard for documenting APIs. They are easy to understand and enable users to secure their endpoints with ease while using the Barracuda Web Application Firewall. The OpenAPI Schema is represented through YAML or JSON files that are easy to read.
If the APIs are defined in an OpenAPI Specification file, you can easily import them to Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
Perform the following steps:
- Navigate to WEBSITES > JSON Security and then click Import API Spec.
- Click Browse, select the JSON/YAML OpenAPI specification file that you want to upload, and then click Next.
- Select the API endpoints that you want to configure, and then select Next.
- Specify the required advanced configuration values, and then click Apply. The configured configuration is applied through the RESTful API.
- Click Preview if you want to preview the configuration before applying.