All Barracuda Web Application Firewalls.
Two Barracuda Web Application Firewalls can be linked to create a high availability environment. If the primary unit goes down for any reason the backup unit assumes the role of the primary. This provides continuous network availability.
- Go to the Basic > IP Configuration tab, and fill-in the WAN and LAN IP Configuration sections. In reverse proxy mode, the WAN and LAN interface must be on separate logical networks.
- Set the Monitor Link parameter for the WAN configuration to Yes, and then click Save Changes.
- Go to the Advanced > High Availability tab and add a password in the Cluster Shared Secret field, and then click Save Changes. Both units in the cluster must have the same shared secret password to communicate.
- Once the new unit has been added (above), check the status of the Clustered System and verify its status is Green (communicating).
Ensure you can reach the WAN and LAN port of the primary unit from the backup unit before you add the backup unit to the cluster. Do this from the Ping Device option under the Advanced > Troubleshooting tab.
- Same as Step 1 above. The WAN and LAN IP Configurations should be on the same networks as the Primary unit.
- Same as Step 2 above.
- Same as Step 3 above. The shared secret password should be the same as the Primary unit.
- In the Clustered Systems section, enter the WAN IP address of the primary unit and click Join Cluster.
- Same as Step 4 above.
Link to This Page: