- Log on to the server computer as an administrator.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers. Select your domain, right-click and choose Properties. Click the Group Policy tab in the domain Properties window. Select the GPO and click on Edit button. This opens the Group Policy Object Editor.
- Expand the Configuration based on the assignment of new GPO as follows:
Computer Configuration | Software Settings | Software installation.
User Configuration | Software Settings | Software installation.
- Select "Software installation" and then select the Software "Barracuda Web Security Agent" from the right side list. Do a right-click and select All Tasks > Remove…This prompts for the Removal method option. Choose the option "Immediately uninstall the software from users and computers" and click OK.
- Close all the open windows and now run the command to force update of group policy:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.WFDEVDC01>gpupdate /Force
User Policy Refresh has completed.
Computer Policy Refresh has completed.
To check for errors in policy processing, review the event log. Certain User policies are enabled that can only run during logon. Certain Computer policies are enabled that can only run during startup.
OK to Reboot?. (Y/N)
Rebooting the Server computer uninstalls the Barracuda WSA application if it is installed.
- Start the same computer on which the Barracuda WSA application is installed (computer-based policy).
- Log in as the domain user to a machine on which Barracuda WSA application is installed (user-based policy).
- Look at the system tray - the Barracuda WSA Monitor icon should not be present. This indicates that Barracuda WSA application has been uninstalled. You can also verify this in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel.