Barracuda Web Security Agent for Macintosh requires Mac10.9 or later.
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199
Preserves settings when upgrading from 2.x to 5.x.
Fixed: There was an issue with SSL Inspection expiring certificates.
Fixed: There was an issue with anonymous statistics not being submitted.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
To download the Barracuda WSA, visit https://login.barracudanetworks.com/support/downloads/. Select Barracuda Web Security from the drop down section, and download the Barracuda Web Security Agent.
- Protected features (for example, stop service and change settings) no longer require a password if none is set on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway ADVANCED > Remote Filtering page.
- Blocked HTTPS traffic now shows a block page instead of dropping the connection.
- Improved detection of and recovery from network failures.
- Improved Safe Search and web application monitoring.
- The Barracuda WSA version 5.x does not support the Barracuda Web Security Service.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed: Issue with certain service hosts not being resolved.
- Added support for tracking referer in Policy Lookup Only mode.
- Update to latest versions of third-party dependencies.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed: Web pages load as expected without delays.
- Fixed: The Barracuda WSA does not fail open/closed after a blocked request.
- Fixed: Barracuda WSA does not create duplicate entries in Barracuda Web Security Gateway web logs.
- Improvements to diagnostics and profiling.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Client-side SSL inspection - Configured on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway, client-side SSL inspection offloads this processing-intensive feature to the Mac, resulting in improved overall performance of the Barracuda Web Security Gateway. See Client-side SSL inspection with the Barracuda WSA for details. This feature requires running Mac 10.9 or later.
- Enhanced authentication mechanism with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway - The Barracuda WSA can use certificates you create on, or upload to, the Barracuda Web Security Gateway to verify the identity of the Barracuda Web Security Gateway and ensure that administrative traffic (configuration, policy requests, and logging) is encrypted, both on the local intranet and when roaming on untrusted networks. See Authentication with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway and the Barracuda WSA for details. This feature requires running Mac 10.9 or later.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Running version 1.5.1 of the Barracuda Web Security Agent (WSA) requires MacOS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later; however, MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later is recommended. This update, or 2.0, is recommended for all users of WSA for Macintosh.
- Fully tested against MacOS X 10.11 "El Capitan".
- Fixes bug in "Check for Updates" on MacOS X 10.6.
- Additional security to settings and log files.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
This update is recommended for all users of WSA for Macintosh.
- Local and network security improvements
- Updated default administrative handshake
- Anonymized version reporting for product planning
What's New in Version 1.5.0
- Added support for MacOS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Compatible with service hosts patched for HeartBleed and SSL POODLE
- New Barracuda branding
Fixed in version 1.5.0
- Improved compatibility with Google Apps and iCloud
- Improved compatibility with built-in MacOS services
- Faster policy lookups and network connections
- Faster recovery from network failures
- Fixes issues with Policy Lookup Only mode
Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8 will no longer be supported after May 31, 2016. If you are running any of these versions, please upgrade to Mac OS X 10.9 or later.