The Configuration Tool makes it easy for the administrator to change settings for the Barracuda WSA from the client. The tool exposes the same settings that are configured from the administrative web interface of either:
- The Barracuda Web Security Service REMOTE FILTERING > Web Security Agent page OR
- The Barracuda Web Security Gateway ADVANCED > Remote Filtering page
The Configuration Tool can optionally be password protected in the administrative web interface.
To run the tool, type Configuration in the Windows Startup menu. Click on Configuration next to the Barracuda icon in the menu. When you run the Configuration tool you are prompted for the Barracuda WSA Password if one was configured in the administrative web interface . You then see the Configuration window (see Figure 1 below) showing the following settings:
- Authorization Key that was created in the administrative web interface on the CONFIGURATION > Key Management page; only applies with the Barracuda Web Security Service
- (Service) Host: Either the Barracuda Web Security Service current host and drop-down listing all available service hosts, or, with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway, the IP address of the appliance
- Bypass IP addresses - IP addresses/ranges you want the Barracuda WSA to bypass when filtering
Figure 1. Configuration Tool showing the current service Host with Barracuda Web Security Service.
The settings shown are those based on the last sync event between the Barracuda WSA and the service host. A sync event is triggered by any of the following:
- User logging into Barracuda WSA
- A network change
- Clicking on the Barracuda WSA icon in the task tray and selecting Sync
The sync event also updates the client with browse policies configured in the Barracuda Web Security Service or the Barracuda Web Security Gateway. When using with the Barracuda Web Security Service, from the Host drop-down, you can view a list of the available service hosts.
Barracuda WSA Settings on the Client
Click on the Advanced button in the Configuration tool window to see and modify the profile settings that are configured on the Barracuda Web Security Service REMOTE FILTERING > Web Security Agent page or on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway ADVANCED > Remote Filtering page.
Figure 2. Advanced Configuration Tool Window Using the Barracuda Web Security Gateway.
Note the following exceptions:
- If the Allow auto update feature in the Barracuda Web Security Service profile is not checked (enabled), the users with that profile will not see the Auto-update and Allow update check boxes in the configuration tool Advanced window shown above. The same applies for the Auto-update and Allow User to Check for Update settings in the Barracuda Web Security Gateway ADVANCED > Remote Filtering page.
- The Policy Lookup Only Mode check box only appears for users who are remote filtered by the Barracuda Web Security Gateway. Policy Lookup Only Mode, when enabled, means that the Barracuda WSA client on the remote user's machine looks up policies configured on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway for that user/client, applies the policies, then routes allowed web traffic from the user's machine via its usual path to the Internet. In this mode, because traffic is not routed through the Barracuda Web Security Gateway, SSL Inspection cannot be applied to HTTPS traffic from remote computers when Policy Lookup Only Mode is enabled.
- The Auto Select Host and Allow Change Host settings are only associated with the Barracuda Web Security Service, as explained in detail in Fallback Service Hosts and the Barracuda Web Security Service.
- Disable Tamper Protection - (Tamper Protection is not available on version 5.x and above) You should disable Tamper Protection:
- When installing a new Windows Service Pack
- When installing a new AV software version.
The feature will remain disabled until it is re-enabled by unchecking the checkbox or by the next reboot of the machine.
- Use WFP for traffic interception will only show if you checked Use WFP instead of LSP option at installation. This feature only applies for Windows 7 users. See Troubleshooting Third Party Compatibility Issues With LSP for details.
- Fail Open setting: see Fail Open and Fail Closed Modes with the Barracuda WSA for more information about this setting.