The Barracuda WSA can be pushed to a group of remote computers using a GPO from the command line with a batch file. The batch file simply needs to contain one line, indicating the name of either the Barracuda WSA EXE installer, or the .mst file that executes the Barracuda WSA MSI installer, and any options you specify per the table below. You can download the either installer file from the SUPPORT > Downloads page in the Barracuda Web Security Service. To help you choose to use either the EXE or MSI file, see How to Install the Barracuda WSA with the Barracuda Web Security Service. See Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) and Windows InstallShield (EXE) documentation for information about Windows command line options.
Using the MSI Windows Installer Package and creating an MST file
- Log on to the server computer as an administrator.
- Create a shared folder on the network where you will put the installer package (.msi file) that you want to distribute. To push the Barracuda WSA in the Windows domain the desired Clients must have access to this shared folder.
- Log in to the Barracuda Web Security Service interface with the administrator credentials. Go to the SUPPORT tab.
- Click on the Barracuda WSA for Windows (msi) link.
- Save the MSI installer file in the shared folder on the network.
- Create a one-line batch file (per the syntax in the example below) and save the file on a network shared folder that is accessible to all remote computers you want to monitor. Include the options and arguments per the table below.
- Create a GPO container for all users / machines to which you want to push the application.
- Create a GPO with the Windows GPO editor.
- In the GPO editor, select either ‘startup’ or ‘shutdown’ to trigger when the GPO installs the application on the remote machine.
- Add the batch file (script) you saved in the shared folder. The application should then install silently on the remote machine when the user either logs in or shuts down the machine.
Example of the command line to put into the batch file (all on one line):
C:\kworking\barracudawsasetup.msi /qb /lvmo c:\kworking\bar_setup.log AUTH_KEY=0E733C7CA8F437424526F80096512C569E4D5703 SERVICE_URL=ple1.proxy.purewire.com SERVICE_PORT=8080 DEFAULT_BEHAVIOR=2 ADS=1 USER_MODE=0 RebootYesNo="No" REBOOT="Suppress"
Command Line Arguments and Options
Use the following arguments and options to control the configuration of Barracuda WSA.
- s runs Setup.exe in silent mode (no dialog boxes).
- v passes the /qn (no UI) parameter to the installer, which runs the executable in silent mode.
For additional options, see Configuration Options for the Barracuda Web Security Agent.