Use the steps in this article to configure SSL certificates for Chrome browser on non-Chromebook devices.
Because the Google Chrome browser adheres to stringent security checks for client protection, the user may get certificate errors when SSL inspection is enabled on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway. These errors cause browser activity to stop without an opportunity to bypass or override the error, and the session is disconnected. Users may encounter these errors when visiting Google.com, Twitter.com or other sites over HTTPS.
To avoid these certificate errors, download a root CA (SSL certificate) from the Barracuda Web Security Gateway and install it on each Chrome client browser. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log into the Barracuda Web Security Gateway as admin.
- If you are running version 7.1 or higher and you have a Barracuda Web Security Gateway 310, enable SSL Inspection on the BLOCK/ACCEPT > Configuration page. Otherwise skip to step #3. Click Download to get the Root Certificate For Browsers. Save the file on your local system or network. Skip to step 7.
- Go to the ADVANCED > SSL Inspection page and select your SSL Inspection Method at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the Certificate Creation section of the page and select Create Certificate.
- In the Certificate Generation section below, fill in your organization information, following the instructions on the page, or in the Help file, and then click Create Certificate.
- In the Available Certificates section below, click Download for the Root Certificate for Browsers.
- In your Chrome browser, go to Settings.
- Search on 'Certificates'.
- Click Manage Certificates.
- In the Certificates window, click Import...
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to browse your local drive or network and upload the .der certificate file you downloaded from the Barracuda Web Security Gateway.
- Click Next.
- Select where you want to store the certificate, or allow Chrome to automatically select the certificate store.
- Continue with the wizard to finish.
- Close the Certificates window.
Successful installation is indicated by an Import Successful message.