Emailed System Alerts
Use the BASIC > Administration page to configure the Barracuda Web Security Gateway to automatically email system alerts to the email addresses you specify, which optionally could be your Slack application. System alerts notify you when:
- Your Energize Update subscription is about to expire
- Your system is low on disk space
- Threat Alerts
When any virus downloads or spyware downloads are detected in the HTTP data path, threat alerts also go to the email address(es) you specify in the Email Notifications section of the BASIC > Administration page.
To specify Slack as the destination for system alert emails, do the following:
Set up a forwarding email address to forward emails to yourself in Slack. These emails will be delivered to you by Slackbot.
- Log into Slack.
- Click your workspace name in the top left to open the menu.
- Choose Preferences, then Messages & Media.
- Scroll down to click Get a Forwarding Address. Click Copy to save it to your clipboard.
- Log into the Barracuda Web Security Gateway as admin.
- Go to the the BASIC > Administration page and paste the Slack-generated address into the System Alerts Email Address field on the BASIC > Administration page. All system alerts are now forwarded to your Slack application.