This solution applies to all Barracuda Web Filters, all firmware versions.
Occasionally, a web site may be categorized incorrectly or not categorized at all. Barracuda Networks has a team dedicated exclusively to reviewing and categorizing web sites for content filtering. If you believe a web site or multiple sites need to be reviewed, please follow these steps to submit a re-categorization request.
- Navigate to the Block/Accept > Content Filtering page of the Barracuda's web interface.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Content Filter Lookup.
- For single-site submissions, first enter the URL in the provided field and click Lookup. Select a category from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- For submission of multiple sites at once, click Bulk Submission and follow the instructions in the pop-up window. Click Submit to Barracuda Central when done.
- Use the link here to submit site classification concerns. http://www.barracudacentral.org/report
Clicking Submit sends an email to Barracuda Central?s Security Analysis team, who will review the submission and process the request within 72 hours. Please ensure that Category Definition Updates are set to be automatically updated on the Advanced>Energize Updates page.
Firewall rules or other factors that block outbound email will prevent the tool from successful website submission. Also, some ISPs block all unidentified port 25 traffic as spam. In order to ensure your request reaches Barracuda Central, the best practice is to forward to an internal email server, which can be configured under Basic>Administration.
More information on configuring email servers can be found in our Barracuda Campus Site
Link to This Page: