All Barracuda Web Filters, firmware versions 3.0 and up ALONG WITH DC AGENTS BEFORE 3.0.
Newer dc agents do not need this work-around.
The issue is that there are two file directories, so you will need to:
- Install the DC agent normally (see Solution #00002865 for instructions).
- Afterward, copy the 'Barracuda' directory from C:\Program Files(x86) to C:\Program Files.
- Open Windows 'start' menu, navigate to the 'Barracua' entry so that the 'DCAgent' menu item displays. Right-click on that item (NOT left-click) and select 'properties' from the context menu. The 'Target' and 'Start in' entries need to be changed from "C:\Program Files(x86)" to "C:\Program Files", as per step 2.
- Open the Service Manager and stop the DCAgent service if it is running.
- Close the Service Manager. This is important as not doing so will mean steps 6 & 7 will fail.
- Open a command window and navigate to \program files\barracuda.
- Run the command "dcagentservice -u"
- Run the command "dcagentservice -i" ("error 5" means user lacks admin priv.)
- Run the command "dcagentcm" and configure the DCAgent with webfilter IPs. (not from start menu, see 'shortcuts' below)
- Open the service manager and start the DCAgent service.
- If the DCAgent fails to start, check step 5 under solution 1437
Link to This Page: