Only Barracuda Web Filters that are talking to Apple LDAP servers, firmware version 3.0.x or newer.
The LDAP server shipped by Apple Server is a variant of the Open LDAP server (open source LDAP). To configure the Barracuda Web Filter, execute the following steps:
- Go to the Users/Groups > External Directory Services or Users/Groups > Authentication Services page of the Barracuda Web Filter's interface, and click the LDAP tab (if present).
- Assign the LDAP Server Alias, LDAP Server (either IP or local hostname), LDAP Port (389), and LDAP Encryption (None) values.
- Assign the Bind DN as follows:
uid=<admin uid>,cn=users,dc=<ldap hostname>,dc=<domain-name>,dc=com
- Assign the Bind Password (for admin uid user).
- Assign the LDAP Search Base as follows:
- Lastly, set the UID Attribute to uid
The apple-generated uid value may show up when performing an LDAP Discovery, but you can ignore this - simply use uid as the UID Attribute.
Link to This Page: