All Barracuda Web Filters, firmware versions 4.0 and higher.
In order to configure your Barracuda Web Filter to use eDirectory for single sign on, you will need to confirm the following:
- Your eDirectory deployment is version 220.127.116.11 or higher.
- All eDirectory replica servers must have plain text bind configured for that partition.
- You should have all LDAP info needed for setup.
- You should also know all the IPs for all the Edirectory server Replicas to enter them.
- Login to iManager.
- Go to the Directory administration tab and then to the modify object tab.
- Select the LDAP Server object through the object browser and click ok.
- Now it can be seen that the 'Require TLS for all operations' check box is checked.
- Un-check that check box and click 'ok'.
- Again go back to the Directory Administration->Modify Object tab and select the LDAP group object through the object browser and click 'OK'.
- You can see that ?Require TLS for Simple Binds with Password? option is enabled.
- Un-check that option and click Apply/OK.
- Now LDAP operations over the clear text layer can proceed.
Once you have confirmed the above, open a browser and navigate to your Barracuda Web Filter.
- Go to Users/Groups > Authentication and ensure that the LDAP tab is selected.
- Fill in the necessary information for your eDirectory server, and select Novell eDirectory for the Server Type field.
- Click Advanced LDAP Options. Enter groupMembership for the Member Groups Attribute field and member for the Group Members Attribute field (these are the typical eDirectory defaults).
- Click the Add button.
- Click the edit link for the eDirectory server that you just added. Now add the IP address for all replicas for the eDirectory tree (including the one mentioned in the LDAP Server field you just created). The replica entry is either an IP address or an FQDN.
- Click Save Changes to finish.
Link to This Page: