All Barracuda Web Filter models, firmware version 4.2.0.009 and above.
You can generate, or schedule, one or more recurring reports of Web activities that occur hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly from the BASIC > Reports page. The report output is either emailed to one or more addresses, or sent to an external FTP or SMB server.
Begin by selecting the time frame, and, optionally, users by which to filter the report in the Filtering Options section. Select the type of user and, to use the Lookup button, begin typing a pattern in the text box, using * as a wildcard to match multiple users or groups.
- Timeframe - Select a time frame by day, group of days, week, month (up to last 6 months) or specify a particular Start date and time and a particular End date and time.
- Limit Report to - Limit output to an individual or group of users, groups, IP addresses, etc. using the drop-down list. To search for one or more users, type in some or all of the characters for the name(s) to search for, using * as a wildcard for multiple characters. You can then either select an entry from the drop-down list that appears below the text box, or click the Lookup button. Click the Add button to add the selection to your limit filtering.
- All Logged Users - Search for one or more users logged by the Barracuda Web Filter over the time period specified.
- All Logged Groups - Search for one or more groups logged by the Barracuda Web Filter over the time period specified.
- Local User - Search for one or more users defined in the local database.
- Local Group - Search for one or more groups defined in the local database (see USERS/GROUPS > Local Groups).
- IP Address - Enter one or more combination of client IP Address and gateway that made requests to which you want to limit report results.
- IP Group - Select one of the subnet/groups you have configured on the USERS/GROUPS > IP Subnets/Groups page. Click Add to include each group on which you want to filter.
- LDAP User - Select the LDAP server from the drop-down and search on the username per the instructions above.
- LDAP Group - Select the LDAP server from the drop-down and search on the LDAP Group per the instructions above.
- Destination - Select either Domain or Category on which to filter. If Category is selected, multiple categories can be selected from the drop-down list, and can either be included in the report or excluded by clicking the Exclude selected Categories checkbox.
- Exclude - To exclude certain times of day such as the lunch hour, or weekend days, for example, from report data, enter the From and To times in the HH:MM format and select the day(s) of the week to exclude.
- Action - check the box for the request type(s) (block, warn, allow, monitor) that you want to include in the report results.
- Count - Specifies the number of top entries to include in the report. For example, you could check the Blocked action above and enter 10 for Count and run the Requests By User report type to create a "Top 10 Blocked Requests By User" report. To see ALL records, leave this field blank.
- Chart Type - For most reports, you can choose to include a graphical representation of the primary data. Select Horizontal, Vertical Bars or Pie as applicable to the report. To view the charts, be sure to select HTML or PDF output.
- Output Format - Choose the output format and delivery options: HTML, PDF, Text or CSV.
- Expand Groups By Users - Include a subreport for EVERY user.
- Drill-Down Records - If you want to see report detail by user, domain or category, enter the maximum number of records to include, drilling down, for each field.
Report templates are grouped according to content type. Click the View link next to any report to view it on screen, or select the check boxes of one or more reports to schedule them as described in the next section.
You can schedule a recurring report of Web activities that occur hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly in the Schedule Report section of the page. The report output is either emailed to one or more addresses or sent to an external FTP or SMB server. To schedule one or more reports for a one-time or recurring delivery, first create a Report Group Name for the report or group of reports to schedule, then fill in the following fields:
- Email - Enter one or more email addresses (separated by commas) to which the scheduled report(s) should be sent. The report is queued until processing completes and the report is emailed. Queued reports are displayed on the ADVANCED > Task Manager page, where pending tasks can be cancelled if necessary. If any processing errors occur, the error information is displayed in the Task Errors section at the top of that page.
- External Server - Either select a server you have already added in the Server drop-down list, or add a new server definition by selecting New Server in the drop-down and filling in the Server Type field and associated fields listed below for that server. This server definition will be saved when you click the Apply button and will then appear in the Server drop-down list.
- Server Type - FTP or SMB server.
- Alias - An alias you wish to assign for choosing the server from a drop-down list.
- Name/IP - Name or IP address of the server.
- Port - Port to connect to on the server.
- Username - Username for logging into the server.
- Password - Password for logging into the server.
- Folder/Path - Only needed for SMB server. Example:
To remove an external server definition from the Server list:
Navigate to the ADVANCED > External Servers page. In the External Servers table, click the trash can icon () next to the server you want to remove from the list.
- Frequency - Specify once, or, for recurring reports, specify hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly. Indicate the time of day for the report to run using military format (HH:MM).
- Split Report - You can split a report into subreports by user, group or by report type. This is useful when multiple reports are scheduled and you want to have them delivered seperately to various recipients.
Use the list of Scheduled Reports to edit or delete any scheduled report. The list includes the following columns:
- Name - Customized title for a report or group of scheduled report.
- Report Type - Report type to be used as the template. For more information about the report types you can choose, see Report Types toward the bottom of this help page.
- Frequency - How often the report is scheduled to run.
- Delivery Options - Indicates either Email delivery and the address(es) of the recipient(s) or the server type and server name to which the scheduled report(s) will be sent.
- Actions - Links to either Edit or Delete the scheduled report.
- Disabled - Check the box to disable the report or group of reports if you want to temporarily suspend delivery. Uncheck the box if you want to reinstate the scheduled delivery of the report(s) in the group.