All Barracuda Web Filters, all firmware versions.
How to create rules for MAC Machine/s
1. Go to Users/Groups>IP Subnets/Group
2. Under Membership by IP create:
a. IP address of the source Machine
i. Example for one machine or subnet:
1. IP Address 192.168.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.255 Name Macuser1
2. IP Address 192.168.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 Name MacSubnet
ii. For group Example: It should be same Name to identify as a group
1. IP Address 192.168.10.12 netmask 255.255.255.255 Name Macgroup
2. IP Address 192.168.10.13 netmask 255.255.255.255 Name Macgroup
3. Create Customs categories. Go to Block/Accept>Custom Categories
a. Create Custom Category:
i. Custom Category Name : CatMacgroup or CatMacuser1
ii. Add Domain to be included: yahoo.com
iii. Add existing Categories to be included.
iv. Then click add
4. Go to Block/Accept>Exceptions apply the category and IPSubnet/group you created;
a. Add Exception:
i. Action Allow
ii. Applies to : IP Group
iii. Choice the IP Subnets/Group created (Macuser1/MacSubnet/Macgroup)
iv. Exception Type : Content Filter, Content Type : (CatMacuser1/CatMacSubnet/ CatMacgroup)
v. Or in Exception Type : Choice all web traffic if you want to all access.
vi. Then Add
b. In List of Exception the rules read from TOP to Bottom?.you can drag the new created rules to the top lists if you wanted and save.
Link To This Page: