All Barracuda Web Filters, All Firmware Versions.
To perform a file system repair, you will need local access to your Barracuda Web Filter product. Follow these steps:
1. Connect a monitor and PS/2* keyboard (*for older units approx. pre-2017-2018) directly to the Barracuda.
2. Reboot the Barracuda. This can be done by clicking the Reboot button at the bottom of the Basic > Administration page of the web interface, or by holding down the button on the Barracuda's front panel. Do not remove and reconnect the power cable or otherwise interrupt power to the Barracuda Networks product.
3. During reboot, you should see the Barracuda splash screen. You will have about three seconds to choose the Recovery boot option, which should be the second option listed. Use the up and down arrows on the keyboard to select Recovery, and then hit Enter.
4. Once the Recovery Console has loaded, a new list of five options should be displayed. Select the first option by pressing the number 1 on the Alphanumeric keyboard:
1) Perform Filesystem Repair (with no data loss)
5. After confirming the operation, the repair will begin.
6. After it finishes, it will go back to Recovery Menu. Chose option 5.
5) Exit recovery mode and reboot
7. Allow the Barracuda to reboot normally.
Link To This Page: