Barracuda Web Filter All Firmware Versions
The following scenario would require the use of vertical interfaces even if you are not using VLANs:
- The network is configured with multiple internal subnets.
- Thenetwork is configured to use the firewall to route between these internal subnets but does not have trunking or VLANs configured.
- Sub-interfaces are configured in each subnet on the firewall.
- There is no internal layer 3 switch on the network.
- In the Advanced Tab > Advanced Networking page under Virtual Interfaces, enter an IP address and corresponding subnet mask for your first additional subnet.
- The gateway address for this virtual interface should be set to the IP address on the firewall that is in the corresponding subnet.
- The device mode for the virtual interface should be set to bridge.
- Click the add button to add the virtual interface configuration.
- Repeat the steps for any additional subnets.
- Test ensure connectivity and proper filtering.
In this scenario, no configuration is required on Advanced > Advanced Network > IP Routing for these virtual interfaces to work correctly.