All Web Filters, Firmware 7.0+
Ruckus Wireless Access Points (WAPs) can send syslog data to your Barracuda Web Filter. The Web Filter can read this data and use it authenticate wireless users via Active Directory. See our techlib articlehttps://techlib.barracuda.com/BWF/WAPIntegration for instructions on how to configure this.
Your Ruckus WAP must be configured to send syslog data to the Web Filter for this to work. To enable this feature, follow these steps:
1. Go to Configure > System > Log Settings.
2. Set Event Log Level to any level, "Critical Events Only", "Warnings and Critical Events", or "Show More".
3. Check "Enable reporting to remote syslog server at", and enter the IP of your Web Filter.
4. Check "Inherit remote syslog server APs".
5. Click Apply.
6. Go to Administer > Diagnostics > Debug Logs.
7. Check Client Association.
8. Click Apply.
Now your syslog events will be sent to the Web Filter. To test, connect to your WAP with a wireless device and authenticate. Your user should show up on the Web Filter's Users/Groups > Account View as an Authenticated User at his wireless IP.
If you have any trouble, please make sure your WAP is on the latest firmware. If that does not resolve your issue, please contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for assistance.
Link To This Page: