All Barracuda Web Filters. Firmware versions 7 and above
The following are some recommended guidelines for running reports in firmware versions 7 and above:
For general information about reporting options and information about browse time and session time reports refer to the following link:
1. Normal reports such as Domains by Requests and Domains by Bandwidth, which are scheduled and emailed, should not be run for more than a 7 day time frame.
2. Normal reports which are scheduled should have no blank drill down limits under the advanced reporting options. Drill down limits used should not be more than double the default numbers.
3. Reports which are scheduled and emailed should not contain more than 4 individual report types.
4. Reports which are scheduled and emailed should be scheduled to run after hours, and multiple scheduled reports should be scheduled to run an hour apart from each other.
5. Normal reports such as Domains by Requests and Domains by Bandwidth can be run on an ad hoc basis (not emailed) for up to 30 days at a time, but this should only be done after hours.
6. Investigative reports such as the Web Requests Log report should never be scheduled and emailed. These reports should only be run on an ad-hoc basis.
7. Investigative reports, such as the Web Requests Log report, should be run on only one user if possible and should not be run for more than 24 hours at a time.
8. Investigative reports should be run after hours if possible.
9. Investigative reports should only have the first drill down limit left blank. All other drill downs should be left at the default of 5
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the reports not being generated or emailed.
Link To This Page: