You can watch a short video about restoring a Hyper-V backup.
You cannot restore individual files from backups using the Hyper-V agent; you can only restore an entire guest machine.
- Launch the Yosemite Server Administrator and log in to the backup domain.
- On the Tasks page, double-click Restore.
- In the New Restore Job dialog box, provide a name for the restore job.
- On the Properties page of the restore job, click Selection,
- On the Selection page, expand the master server and select the Hyper-V virtual machine icon.
- Select the Hyper-V host.
- Select the Hyper-V guests that you want to restore.
- In the navigation bar, click Device and select the device that contains the backup of your Hyper-V guest.
- Optionally, select Objects to log to Failed and not attempted in order to view everything excluded from the restore job.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- At the dialog box prompt, select Yes to go to the home folder.
- To run the restore, right-click the restore job, select Run and confirm your choice.
- In the navigation bar, click Status to view a summary of the restore job.
- Click OK.
- From Status and Logs, select the restore job to confirm that the restore jobs completed successfully.
- In the Hyper-V manager, stop the service and restart it,
- Start the machine and connect to it.