Applies to Yosemite Server Backup, version 8.7.01 and newer.
When you install Yosemite Server Backup you will define a management domain. Each Yosemite Server Backup management domain includes one storage management server, a computer that contains the Yosemite Server Backup Catalog, and it may also include other servers and workstations.
Installing Yosemite Server Backup
- Download the Yosemite Server Backup software on the machine that will contain the backup catalog. You must have Administrator or root access on the machine in order to install the software. Yosemite Server Backup product updates are available online at https://www.barracudaware.com/downloads/updates.
- For Windows installs, double-click the setup.exe file to begin the installation.
- For Linux installs, extract the download (using, for example, tar -xvzpf) and then type ./install as the root user and press Enter to begin the installation.
- If this gives a "Permission denied" error, be sure the install script is set to be executable: for example, chmod +x ./install
- Select Join an existing Yosemite Server Backup Management Domain to join a client machine to an existing management domain, and then click Next. Enter the Hostname or IP address of the Yosemite.
- Select Backup domain server and click Next.
- Select Create a new domain to create a new domain on this computer, and then click Next. Enter a name for the Yosemite Server Backup management domain and click Next.
- Select No, I want to use the evaluation key if you are evaluating the software.
- Select Yes, I have a valid license key if you have purchased a license, and then enter the license key .
Link to this page: