Yosemite Server Backup, version 8.0 and above
In certain cases you may find it necessary to move the Yosemite Server Backup catalog from one disk partition to another. This process must be performed on the master server.
- Close the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- Stop the Yosemite Server Backup Service on the local machine. For details on starting / stopping the Yosemite Server Backup Service refer to Solution #00004025.
- Create a new folder in the directory where the new database is to be stored (i.e. F:\YB_Database).
- Open the ytconfig.ini file in a text editor. This file is located in the config folder in the default installation path. For details on the Yosemite Server Backup default installation path refer to Solution #00004045.
- Add the following as the last line in the [configuration] section, and then save and close the file.
databasePath=<path to new directory location>
- Move all of the files from the Database folder, located in the default installation path, to the new database folder location.
- Start the Yosemite Server Backup Service on the local machine.
- Open Yosemite Server Backup and verify all jobs, media, virtual devices, etc. are still populated as originally configured.
If you need to move the Yosemite Server Backup Catalog to another machine, it is recommended that you uninstall Yosemite Server Backup and reinstall it in this new configuration. In this case, you will also need to modify the ytconfig.ini file on the client machines to point to the new Master Server.
Link to This Page: