Yosemite Server Backup, version 8.0 and above.
The Yosemite Server Backup Service for Windows and Linux can be managed from the command line as described below. Optionally, the Yosemite Server Backup Service can be managed from the Microsoft Management Console on most Windows Operating Systems. The Yosemite Backup Agent provides the service functionality to NetWare.
- Open a command prompt, Start > Run > cmd <ENTER>
net stop ytbackup [stop the service]
net start ytbackup [start the service]
- Optionally, you can change to the Yosemite Server Backup root directory install path and type the following commands.
ytwinsvc -x [stop the service]
ytwinsvc -s [start the service]
Microsoft Management Console
- Right click on the My Computer icon and select Manage.
- Double click on Services and Applications to expand the tree.
- Select Services, and then locate the service named Yosemite Server Backup.
- Right click on Yosemite Server Backup service and select the applicable option.
Stop [stop the service]
Start [start the service]
- Enter the applicable command from the console prompt.
./ytlinsvc -x [stop the service]
./ytlinsvc -s [start the service]
- Use the Alt + Esc keys to display the Yosemite Server Backup Agent screen.
- Hit the Esc key to stop / start the agent.
Link to This Page: