Yosemite Server Backup, version 8.0 and above.
Active Directory restores require a full system backup along with the system state. A full system backup ensures that all of the required system files and folders are present so you can successfully restore the data.
- Perform the general system level disaster recovery to restore the basic system information per Solution #4012.
- The last step of the Disaster Recovery restore process requires a system restart; press F8 when the Starting Windows screen appears.
- Select Directory Services Restore Mode and press Enter.
- Log in to the system and open the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- Create a new restore job and select Windows Active Directory as the object to be restored, and then Run the job. For details on creating a Restore job, refer to Solution #00004036.
- Close the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- Restart the computer, and let Windows load normally.
- Verify that Windows Active Directory is running properly.
Link to This Page: