Yosemite Server Backup, version 8.5 and above.
Microsoft SharePoint uses a Microsoft SQL database to store data. The Yosemite Server Backup SQL Agent only backs up the databases for Windows SharePoint Services (WSS); therefore you should perform regular backups of the File System on the SharePoint Server to ensure protection of all SharePoint Server components.
The SharePoint backup must include the following components to ensure you can perform a consistent restore of the Windows SharePoint Services. Note that selecting the entire system for backup will include all of these components by default. For Disaster Recovery Backup sets it is recommended that the Microsoft Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) option is enabled to ensure the WSS components are in a consistent state during the disaster recovery process.
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) Installation Directory. This directory and its sub directories contains WSS installation and configuration files including binaries, site templates, style sheets, customization information for site definitions, etc.
- Microsoft Internet Information (IIS) Virtual Servers. WSS uses one or more virtual servers to host Websites. In SharePoint 2003 and WSS 2.0 the entire configuration for the IIS Web Site is stored in the configuration and content databases.
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) Databases. WSS installs a Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine/SQL Server Embedded Edition (WMSDE/SSEE) called SHAREPOINT or Microsoft ##SSEE by default, and creates a configuration and content database.
- Usage Analysis Logs. When usage analysis logging is enabled, WSS log files are created daily to track Website usage.
Creating a Windows SharePoint Backup Job
- Login to the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- The Favorites sidebar is opened by default, click on the Home icon to view the existing backup jobs.
- Right click in the white space of the window to create a New > Backup job.
- The properties for the job are opened in a new window.
- Click on the Selection icon and expand the selection tree to show the available servers.
- Select the files noted above under the applicable server in the selection tree.
- Set the other configuration options associated with the backup job including specifying the device, selecting the mode, setting the schedule, etc.
- Click Run to start the Backup job.
Link to this Page: