Yosemite Server Backup, version 8.5 and above.
There are two ways to recover a system with a Windows SharePoint Services installation after a system disaster.
Disaster Recovery Backup with VSS Enabled
Disaster Recovery Backup with VSS Disabled
If a full backup of the system was performed with the VSS option disabled, the Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) database will not be restored as the files were open during the backup. You will need to take further steps to complete the WSS recovery.
- Perform the general system level disaster recovery to restore the basic system information per Solution #00004012.
- The last step of the Disaster Recovery restore process requires a system restart; let the system boot normally.
- Login to the system and open the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- Reinstall the Windows SharePoint Services component on your system. This will rebuild the master MSDE/SSEE database; the master database is required to restore the Windows SharePoint database configuration and content databases.
- Open the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- Create a new restore job and select the Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) Installation Directory, Microsoft Internet Information (IIS) Virtual Servers, the Usage Analysis Logs, and the Windows SharePoint SQL Databases.
- Run the restore job.
Link to This Page: