Applies to all versions of Yosemite Server Backup.
To erase the tapes on your tape drive or VLD using Yosemite Server Backup, perform the following:
- Open the Yosemite Administrator GUI.
- On the left hand side, click on Devices.
- On the right hand side, expand your machine with the device attached.
- Expand the devices folder for that machine. (In the case of an Autoloader, you may want to expand all the way down to the slot in question)
- Right-click on the device or storage slot in question.
- Select Erase from the right-click context menu.
Link to this page: