Applies to Yosemite Server Backup.
For versions of Yosemite Server Backup 8.8 and newer, formatting media is performed as an immediate action.
To do this from the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator:
- On the left, click on Devices.
- On the right, double-click on the server the device is attached to.
- Double-click on the Devices folder under that server.
Note: You should now see the device in question. If this device is a loader and you wish to format the media in a particular slot then you will want to continue expanding down to the slot in question.
- Right-click on the device or slot you wish to format.
- Select Format from the right click menu.
Note: A new window will appear and in this window you are allowed to specify the options for the format you wish to perform.
- Once you have set the options to your desired configuration, click Run to perform the format.
For Yosemite Server Backup 8.7.01 and versions of Yosemite Backup 8.7 and older, formatting is a scheduled job.
Link to this page: