|Getting Started with Yosemite FileKeeper...|
It is highly recommended that the Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server be the first system installed. The Yosemite FileKeeper Server is fully certified/supported on a system running MS Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later, MS Windows 2000 Server or Professional with SP4, or Windows XP Professional SP2, (just for evaluation) or MS Windows Vista.
To Begin Installation Of The Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server?
Insert the Yosemite FileKeeper installation CDROM into the CD/DVD drive.
The wizard will automatically be displayed to assist you with installing
If this wizard does not appear, Autorun may NOT be enabled on the CD/DVD drive in question. You can access the Yosemite FileKeeper wizard by double clicking the ?Setup.exe? file at the root of the CDROM.
1. The first system is to be installed is the Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server. This system must have MS Internet Information Services installed and operational.
2. Click on the Install or Update FileKeeper Enterprise Policy Server software link. Choose Open (or Run) if presented with an ?Open or Save? dialog box.
3. The FileKeeper Enterprise Policy Server requires .NET Framework 2.0. If the system does not currently have the MS .NET Framework 2.0 installed, the installation wizard will give you an opportunity to install it from the CD. Also, since the installation of .NET Framework 2.0 requires Windows Installer 3.0 or later, the installation wizard will give you the opportunity to install Windows Installer 3.1 from the CD if necessary.
4. The installation wizard checks the other prerequisites required by the Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server ? Internet Information Services (IIS) and ASP.NET 2.0. If either is missing, you can click on the prerequisite status to get information on how to install the missing components.
5. Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server requires access to a MS SQL Server database. You will need to select Install FileKeeper instance of
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) or click the Use an
existing instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or 2005. If you choose to use an existing SQL Server instance, you will need to provide the database server connection string and credentials for an account with sufficient privilege to create a new database.
6. Click the Install button on the Install FileKeeper Policy Server page of the wizard to begin the Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server installation.
7. Once the installation of the Yosemite FileKeeper Policy Server is finished, you can choose to run the FileKeeper Enterprise Administrator console. Please refer to the next section for further instructions.
Ready To Open The Yosemite FileKeeper Administration Console?
1. Run the FileKeeper Enterprise Administrator console from a browser using the URL http://policyserver/fkadmin or by clicking the Run FileKeeper Enterprise Administrator link in the installation wizard.
2. FileKeeper Enterprise requires two licenses ? one for the FileKeeper Enterprise Policy Server and another for the FileKeeper user machines. Both are entered in the FileKeeper Enterprise Administrator console. Click "License" in the navigation pane, click the Activate your license for FileKeeper Enterprise Policy Server link, then enter your FileKeeper Enterprise Policy Server license in the License Key field, and click the Activate Via Internet button.
3. Next, click License in the navigation pane. Then click the Enter