Yosemite Server Backup Version 10.0.0 and newer.
As of Version 10.0.0 Yosemite server backup is capable of VMware ESX agent backup. This feature is not enabled by default.
- Open the Yosemite Server Backup Administrator.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Network.
- Locate and expand the machine you wish to perform the backups from.
- Under this machine expand the VMware ESX object.
- Right click on the VMware ESX agent and click Enable
- Note: Once enabled this same window can be opened by right clicking and going to properties instead of Enable in case changes need to be made to the configuration
- Note: The specified user account must have administrator privileges on the proxy and have the VCB Backup User role assigned.
- Note: The working directory on the file system is used for temporarily cache the vmdks associated with ESX guest machines. The vmdks are copied to this location serially so the directory specified must have free space greater than utilized space of the largest vmdk in your backup
- OS Version: Windows XP SP2 or higher
- Download and Install PowerCLI (http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/PowerCLI/)
Link to This Page: