Version 10.0 and above
With Yosemite Server Backup we are able to restore VMware Guest Machines to a flat vmdk file.
- Navigate to the Properties of your Backup job.
- Expand the Server until you see the VM Host.
- Right-Click on the Host and Click on Configuration.
There are two options that pertain to the restoring process:
- Recovery Virtual Machine files to the Staging Area only:As this indicates, this will restore the files to the staging area, but not send them to the Host / Mount the VM. This will restore the VMDK and VMX files.
- Override the working director specified on the Agent configuration page*:
This will override the Staging Area location on both Restore and Backup.
These settings are Global, and will remain after the restore process unless they are manually removed.
Link to This Page: