The ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Analyzer tool was provided in earlier versions of ArchiveOne to ensure that your environment and server are correctly configured before installing ArchiveOne for Exchange. In the latest version of ArchiveOne, the installer package installs all the necessary prerequisites automatically and it is no longer necessary to run the separate preinstaller package.
You can use the following steps to download and run the ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Analyzer to evaluate the suitability of any machine on which you are going to install any ArchiveOne component. Note that this tool is automatically installed during pre-installation.
- Download the ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Prep Tool.
- Right-click the executable file, ArchiveOnePreInstallX.X.X.XXXX.exe, and click Run as Administrator.
- The wizard displays. From the drop-down menu, select a Microsoft Exchange server which has a CAS role, or select the CAS array name, and then click OK.
- Click View Detailed Results to check that pre-requisites are met. Correct any warnings or failures, and then click Next.
In the System Preparation page, select the Local Machine for the Configuration Server.
Click Next. On the User Account and Security Group Creation Summary page,
Enter an account name and password for the service account. By default the account name is ArchiveOneAdmin. If you previously created an account, browse to and select the account from Active Directory (AD).
Enter a group name for users permitted to access the ArchiveOne Administrator console. By default the group name is ArchiveOneUsers. If you previously created a security group, browse to and select the account from AD.
- Enter a discovery users group name for users permitted to access the Advanced Discovery web console. By default the default group name is ArchiveOneDiscoveryUsers. If you previously created a security group, browse to and select the account from AD.
- Click Next. In the DCOM Security page, select the preferred DCOM access level, and then click Next.
- Once the system preparation completes successfully, click Next.
- In the SQL Server Configuration page, select the desired setting:
Use the instance that your previous installation of ArchiveOne was using – Select if you are upgrading. This setting maintains the existing configuration. If prompted, enter the authentication details to access the specified SQL instance, and then click Next.
- Select a different instance to use – Select if you want to select another existing SQL instance. Enter authentication details to access the specified SQL instance. Click Next.
- Use the Barracuda instance that is installed on this machine – Select if you want the pre-installer to install a SQL Express 2008 R2 instance on the local server.
- In the Local SQL Configuration page, enter the SQL server installation and database paths, by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server. Click Browse to select a different directory. Click Install to start the installation. The installation may take several minutes to complete.
- Once the installation completes successfully, click OK in the confirmation window.
- Click Next.
- Once the preparation is complete, click Finish.