Instant Messaging (IM) conversations can be archived using ArchiveOne in conjunction with IM Manager from IMLogic. If you would like to use ArchiveOne in conjunction with Akonix L7 Enterprise, contact your sales representative.
IM Manager can be configured to capture all IM conversations and e-mail them to a mailbox that can be configured for archiving by ArchiveOne. As a prerequisite, you must have:
- ArchiveOne fully configured and working; and
IM Manager fully configured and working.
A custom XSL transformation file, Transform_C2C.xsl, is installed with the ArchiveOne Service to define the appearance of IM conversations when they are exported from IM Manager. The following steps must be followed to integrate IM Manager with ArchiveOne:
- Create a mailbox in your Exchange system which is to be the recipient of all IM conversations – this will be referred to as the IM Mailbox.
- Copy the file Transform_C2C.xsl, located in your ArchiveOne Service installation directory (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\ArchiveOne) into the IMLogic IMArchive directory (by default C:\Program Files\IMLogic\IMArchive)
- From within the IM Manager Administrator UI, create an IM Manager Export job (see the IM Manager documentation for details), give it a schedule to export conversations once a day, and set the Transform XSL field to the location of the Transform_C2C.xsl file in the IMArchive directory.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the Transform_C2C.xsl file. The transform file contains two variables defined at the top of the file that can be customized for your organization. These variables are:
- EmailAddress – Change the value of this variable to the e-mail address of the IM Mailbox that you created in step 1 on your Exchange server.
- UseLocalTimeZone – Change the value of this variable to either 1 (display all date/times using the local time zone) or 0 (display all date/times using UTC (GMT))
- Edit and save the file.
- In ArchiveOne Admin, add the IM Mailbox that you created in step 1 to the Mailbox Manager.
- You may want to create a repository dedicated to IM conversations – if so, set it as the repository to be used to archive the IM Mailbox.
- Create a policy to process all mails in the IM Mailbox, set the action to Archive, and set its schedule to run once a day, shortly after the IM Manager Export job.
- A custom XSL transformation file, Transform_C2C.xs, is installed with the ArchiveOne Service to define the appearance of IM conversations when they are exported from IM Manager.