This article applies to Barracuda ArchiveOne version 7.3 and higher.
Starting with ArchiveOne version 7.3, ArchiveOne can update all its components in an unattended fashion. In order to check if an update is available, the Archive server requires access to the Barracuda website: http://appservices.c2c.com/ArchiveOneUpdates. Once the update package has been downloaded, the ArchiveOne administrator authorizes the installation update from the ArchiveOne administration console. ArchiveOne then silently updates each installed component (including machines other than the Archive server itself).
Before Getting Started
Before installing the update:
Close all open instances on the ArchiveOne admin console.
- Stop any running policies or archive searches currently in progress; otherwise these tasks will fail to complete successfully and must be re-run after the update process is complete.
The following components are updated:
- ArchiveOne services
- ArchiveOne Search & Retrieval websites
- ArchiveOne administration console
The Quick Link Client and Laptop Client (and PST Processor if not run from the default shared folder) are not automatically updated.
The update is conducted in the following order:
- On the Archive server, the ArchiveOne Services and ArchiveOne websites are stopped.
- Any components installed on the Archive server (ArchiveOne Services, ArchiveOne admin console, and ArchiveOne Search & Retrieval websites if installed) are updated.
- The ArchiveOne services and websites are restarted on the Archive server.
- Once the Archive server is successfully updated, any machines where the Search & Retrieval websites or admin console are installed are updated. This may occur concurrently if these machines are online and available.
The Installation Monitor is automatically launched once you chose to install the ArchiveOne update. This is an executable which runs locally on the machine where you initiated the update.