The Barracuda Campus newsletter is published monthly with a listing of new and updated articles by product. The Highlights section announces new product documentation and other major additions or updates to the Barracuda Campus. Check back each month to see What's New!
Please direct feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose Your Product
- Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup – Multiple releases in August 2023.
- Email Gateway Defense Release Notes – Released August 25, 2023. The Email Gateway Defense API is now available for accounts in the United Kingdom (UK) region.
- Firewall Secure Connector Release Notes – Improvements and fixes for FSC 3.0 available.
- Barracuda Email Protection training now includes Zero Trust Access.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall training has been updated to firmware 12.1.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall
- How to Configure Revision Control System Monitoring (RCS) – The article for the RCS has been rewritten from the ground up and now comprises information both on the general concept of the RCS and a complete instruction set on how to configure and handle the RCS with all its options. The article is now available for firmware 8.3 and 9.0.
- Global Firewall Objects – On a Control Center, it is now possible to configure Connection Objects in the Global Firewall Objects. An appropriate line has been added to the list of supported Global Firewall Objects.
- How to Configure SD-WAN over Azure ExpressRoute – Created implementation Guide.
- FSC 3.x Release Notes – Added release notes for Firewall Secure Connector FSC 3.0.
- How to Configure BGP Router Setup with Optional BFD - Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) also works with BGP. The article now includes all the related instructions for configuring BFD for BGP.
- How to Configure a Routed VPN Network – Updated information as configuring routed VPN is also possible for IPsec tunnels.
- Firewall Secure Connector Release Notes – Restructured article section for better overview.
Barracuda Data Protection
- Virtual Infrastructure – Updated with latest supported VMware versions.
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Release Notes – Multiple releases in August 2023.
Barracuda Email Protection
Email Protection Add-In
- Barracuda Email Protection Add-In – Add-In will display up to 100 Outlook and Outlook Web Access (OWA) folders for each user.
- Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook Add-In – Updated Outlook versions supported.
Email Gateway Defense
- Email Gateway Defense Release Notes – Released August 25, 2023.
- API Overview – Now available in the United Kingdom (UK) region.
- How to Use DLP and Outbound Mail Encryption – Updated with instructions on how to validate your domain before you can customize the encryption notifications.
- Enhanced Connectors vs. Mail Flow Rules for Spam Filtering – Added link on how to disable the ETR override alert.
- Syslog Integration – Added note that a syslog server that accepts CA-signed client certificates is not required; a syslog server that accepts self-signed client certificates can also be used.
Security Awareness Training
- Outbound Analysis Results – Data on emails sent out from a campaign.
- Special Topic: Texas Compliance – State certification renewed through 2024. Updated best practices to safeguard information and information systems.
- Understanding Clicks – Understand what counts as a user click.
- Security Awareness Training API – Updated steps to create a new user with API access.
- Updated to reflect available APIs:
Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC Hardware Features - Added 84x model details.
Barracuda Message Archiver
- Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook – Updated Outlook versions supported.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- All training content for Barracuda Web Application Firewall training has been updated to reflect the new features of firmware 12.1.
Bot Categories - Added the Uncategorized bot category information.
JSON Profiles - Added the example for the JSON key profile.
- Basic Configuration – Customers can now provide their own certificate for use with the Content Delivery Network (CDN).