The Barracuda Campus newsletter is published monthly with a listing of new and updated articles by product. The Highlights section announces new product documentation and other major additions or updates to the Barracuda Campus. Check back each month to see What's New!
Please direct feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose Your Product
- Automatic Remediation is available in Barracuda Forensics and Incident Response.
- Barracuda Message Archiver Release 5.2.5.002 – Includes the Barracuda Message Archiver mobile companion applications for iOS and Android now deprecated.
- Barracuda Cloud Control Release May 6, 2020
Updated details on pre- and post-Agent backup commands for batch files.
- Barracuda Backup Agent for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Protecting MySQL Databases
- Protecting Oracle Databases
Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service
Barracuda Cloud Control
- Barracuda Cloud Control Release Notes – May 6, 2020
Barracuda Cloud to Cloud Backup
- Office 365 Complete Edition – Added instructions to configure an Office 365 Groups data source.
Barracuda Content Shield
- LDAP Active Directory and Barracuda Content Shield – Added note about including an entry for .local domains to sync with LDAP.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall
- How to Use an External Certificate in CudaLaunch
- Secure Connector Container
- How to Enable Microsoft IoT Edge and Docker on a Secure Connector
- How to Upload Azure VHD Images for User Defined Images using ARM – Added a note about uploading VHD images using Microsoft Azure portal.
- AWS Reference Architecture - Transit Gateway with Attached VPN Gateway using CloudGen Firewall – Simplified configuration.
Barracuda Email Security Gateway
- Replacing a Failed System – Added more detail about preparing a return and setting up a replacement unit.
- Advanced Threat Protection – Updated with current list of file types scanned by Advanced Threat Protection service.
- Step 2 - Configure Office 365 for Inbound and Outbound Mail – Updated with latest instructions.
- How to Configure User Authentication with Azure AD – Added feature to test individual Azure AD email users.
- Restrict Inbound Mail to the Barracuda Email Security Service IP Range – Updated with latest instructions for basic and modern authorization.
- Content Analysis - Inbound Mail – Added feature to block, quarantine, or ignore password protected PDF documents.
- Content Analysis - Outbound Mail – Added feature to block, quarantine, or ignore password protected PDF documents.
- Barracuda Reputation and Email Categorization – Updated information about external RBLs.
Barracuda Firewall Insights
Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response
- Automatic Remediation – The system can now automatically create incidents for and remediate user-reported emails with malicious links.
- Release Notes – Added new information about released features.
- Creating an Incident – Included new information for automatic remediation.
- Potential Incidents – New settings for notification of Potential Incidents.
- Reviewing Incidents – Changed terminology from Unknown to Undetected. Included the Threats tab, used for automatic remediation.
- Setting Default Remediation Options – Updated documentation to match updated settings, including new settings for automatic remediation.
- User-Reported Emails – New settings for notification of User-Reported Emails.
Barracuda Message Archiver
- Firmware Upgrade Policy – Updated firmware release versions
- Barracuda Message Archive Release Notes – Version 5.2.5.002
Barracuda Network Access Client
- Notification Settings – New feature to send notifications to specific users.
- Click Thinking Content – Added Insider Threat content.
- Creating a Quick Report – Summary reports now sent out automatically within a day after campaign cutoff date and time.
- Creating and Running a Benchmark Campaign – New information about Benchmark Content Groups.
- Domain Authorization – New information on timing of authorizing domains.
- Email Whitelisting and Best Practices – New information web proxies and LMS; new information about HTTPS requirement.
- How to Create an Address Book – Updated LDAP integration section, including mapping fields.
- How to Use Quick Launch – Added note about sample emails: Sample emails are only for viewing the email, not to check on delivery.
- How to Use the Report Generator – New reports available for repeat offenders; summary reports sent out automatically within a day after campaign cutoff date and time.
- Landing Pages – New fields to customize landing pages with two-factor authentication.
- Language Support and Video Download – Updated list of available training modules.
- Outbound Analysis – Updated for new Campaign Stats information.
- Release Notes – Updated for new releases.
- Results – Summary reports now sent out automatically within a day after campaign cutoff date and time.
- SFTP Address Book Configuration and Upload Tool – Added information on format of public key.
- Training Content – Highlighting that training template end date is optional; Training is now available only through HTTPS.
- Understanding Benchmark Campaigns – Updated with new information about Benchmark Content Groups; removed minimum number of participants in a benchmark campaign.
- User Management – Added link to Notification Settings.
- Getting Started – Added more details about linking to Office 365.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- What's New in the Barracuda Web Application Firewall - updated What's New for R10.1
Protection Mechanisms - Added Captcha v3.
IP Reputation-Based Filters - bug fix.
- Credential Attack Protection - Added Credential Stuffing protection.
- Configuring SSL for Services and Servers - Added for OCSP Stapling.
- Configuring Global ACLs - Updated follow up action for tarpit client.
- Configuring Action Policy for Attack Groups - Updated follow up action for tarpit client.
- Bot Spam Protection - Added Form Spam.
- Allow/Deny/Redirect Rules for URLs - Updated tab name change.
Barracuda Web Security Agent
- Configuring Preferences for Barracuda WSA Macintosh Client – Removed content regarding Barracuda Web Security Service (deprecated).
Barracuda Web Security Gateway
- Barracuda Web Security Gateway Vx Quick Start Guide – Updated for new default admin password.
- Troubleshooting – Moved Instant Replacement information to Replacing a Failed System.
- Barracuda Networks Sunset Policy – Updated firmware supported versions for Barracuda Message Archiver.