This article refers to the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service and Archive Search for Outlook version 5.2 or higher. For best results, verify you are using the latest Archive Search for Outlook client version. Archive Search for Outlook supports Outlook versions 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Archive Search for Outlook is not supported on the Microsoft App Store version of Outlook.
Alternatively, the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service administrator can deploy the Archive Search for Outlook for both 32- and 64-bit versions of Outlook. See Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook Deployment.
To download the latest version of Archive Search for Outlook:
- Log in to your Barracuda Cloud Control account, and click Archiver in the left pane.
- Go to Users > Client Downloads, and scroll to the Microsoft Outlook Add-In section.
- Click Download Now to the right of the Outlook Add-In Installer.
Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook allows you to perform various functions with messages that are stored through your organization's Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, including:
- Synchronization of your archived folders with Outlook
- Search for archived messages and other Microsoft Outlook data such as Contacts
- View and interact with (forward, reply to, etc.) all of your archived Outlook items
- Archive messages
These functions are available directly from within Outlook, allowing transparent access to your messages and attachments, all with no browser interaction required. All that is needed is a network connection to your organization's mail server and to the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service.
The language for the Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook options is determined by your Microsoft Office installation locale; supported languages include:
- US English
- Spanish (Continental)
Install Archive Search for Outlook
Before installing the Archive Search for Outlook, you must close Outlook.
- Log in to the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, and navigate to the Users > Client Downloads page.
- Click Download Now to the right of the Archive Search for Outlook Installer to download the executable file to your local system.
- Run the .exe file to launch the Setup Wizard.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install Archive Search for Outlook.
Typically, the pre-configured Archive Search for Outlook settings do not require any modification. However, in some instances a location configuration screen may display. Adjust these settings through the Options dialog box.
Initial Log In
The first time you use Archive Search for Outlook, you are prompted to enter the following details:
Select Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service and type your region-specific MAS hostname, for example: mas.barracudanetworks.com
- Type your complete email address, for example, email@example.com
- Type your domain password, typically your email password
Once you enter these details and click OK, Microsoft Outlook automatically remembers your login credentials, and there is no need to enter this information again unless you change your password. If you forget your password or are unable to access Archive Search for Outlook, contact your system administrator.
Options Dialog Box
To access the Options dialog box, click the File tab, click Barracuda Networks in the list, and then click Configure.
In the URI/Logged on as sections, you can configure the following options:
- Change – Click to change user access details.
- Log Off – Click to log out the current user.
Archive Stores – This section displays the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service stores (Mailboxes) to which you have access.
Add – Click to select additional stores; once folders are retrieved, Archive Stores to which you have access, and that are not already being synchronized, display. Select the store you wish to add, and click OK:
- Remove – Click on a store in the list, and then click Remove to remove it from the list of available stores
Options – Click on a store in the list, and then click Options to open the Mailbox Sync Options dialog box and specify the desired synchronization settings:
Select Check for updates automatically to automatically update Archive Search for Outlook
In the Outlook Instant Search section, select Enable Outlook Instant Search integration to search in your Outlook search box based on All Mailboxes or All Outlook Items
- Add – Click to select additional stores; once folders are retrieved, Archive Stores to which you have access, and that are not already being synchronized, display. Select the store you wish to add, and click OK:
Change Your Email Address or Password
- In the Options dialog box, click Change.
If your email address or password has changed, enter your email address and password in the associated fields.
- Click OK. Microsoft Outlook automatically remembers your login credentials.
When items are syncing, a system tray icon displays until synchronization is complete. When synchronization is successful and is scheduled, there is no notification and no further action is needed. However, if a problem is encountered, or if the user clicks the Sync Archive Stores () icon on the toolbar, a tooltip displays additional information.
Store synchronization occurs when either the user clicks the Sync Archive Stores () icon, after nightly synchronization jobs are complete, or shortly after Outlook is started.
Manual Folder Content Synchronization
To manually synchronize all folder content in the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, click the Sync Archive Stores ( ) icon in the Outlook toolbar.