What's New in Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3 (April 2021)
- Users will receive email notifications when backups/restores/exports have completed. Limited to select customers. [JAN-3350]
- Added detailed error and warning messages for several known types of errors and warnings. [JAN-4329]
- Removed instances of invalid item sizes caused by invalid responses from Microsoft. [JAN-4264]
- Implemented request timeouts to reduce the number of jobs hanging. [JAN-4235]
- Protect table data scrolling, searching, and filtering work as expected. [JAN-4056]
What's New in Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3 (March 2021)
- Added backup and restore support for the Recoverable Items folders in Exchange (Deletions, Purges, DiscoveryHolds, etc). [JAN-3676]
- Added an audit log event for adding a user to the account through the user interface. [JAN-4209]
- Improved performance for scheduler load times. [JAN-3527]
- Automatically retry connect to Microsoft steps if there is a failure in authorization propagation. [JAN-3680]
- Allow adding users by email address for email addresses with non-safe URL characters. [JAN-3734]
- Improved validity checking of incoming metadata of items before taking action. [JAN-4102]
- Improved query performance for Protect table to reduce load times for large folders. [JAN-4163]
- Improved performance for Protect table load times. [JAN-3959]
- Updated support toggle auto-shutoff from 3 days to 7 days. [JAN-3907]
- Teams without a mail enabled owner have data outside of the Team mailbox backed up. [JAN-3626]
- Events in the Audit log performed by Barracuda Support will now display "Barracuda Support" with a proper support email address instead of "Unknown". [JAN-3354]
- Customers are now allowed to add new users to their account by email address. [JAN-3349]
- Clearly identify actions taken by support in the Audit log. [JAN-4093]
- Improved retry logic to further reduce errors in backups and restores. [JAN-3227]
- Restoring items under Recoverable Items no longer include a "restored" suffix appended to the folder name. [JAN-4047]
- Folders with incorrect data size no longer cause an issue when setting the expected maximum read download time. [JAN-4071]
- Fixed an issue where a Teams privacy setting was not being honored during restore. [JAN-3954]
- Fixed an issue causing multiple data sources of the same type to be configured. [JAN-2977]
- Fixed an issue causing serial activation to fail. [JAN-3322]
- Restores are allowed to continue restoring items after encountering non-fatal errors. [JAN-1723]
- If a Teams SharePoint item is throttled, or has a file hash mismatch, retries with an incorrect path details no longer occur. [JAN-3953]
- Improved error messaging when the application fails to retrieve Protect table data. [JAN-3912]
- Fixed an issue where a Team SharePoint site with a subsite created would not allow the subsite to be restored. [JAN-3934]
- Filtering for emails with attachments will now show emails with attachments. [JAN-4004]
- Filtering for PDF file types will now show PDF file types. [JAN-3991]
- Jobs that encounter unlicensed O365 tenants will now fail with a proper message. [JAN-3839]
- Shared mailboxes that were converted from licensed mailboxes will now be properly identified and backed up. [JAN-3611]
What's New in Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3 (February 2021)
- Added an entry to the Audit log to specify when an Export job has started. [JAN-2051]
- Improved handling of cases where items changed between enumeration and fetch. [JAN-3251]
Fixed an issue causing Teams restore not to complete successfully due to an error in the Clutter folder. [JAN-3555]
- Fixed an issue where a SharePoint job would succeed with nothing backed up if the SharePoint tenant did not have a valid SharePoint Online license. [JAN-3234]
What's New in Version 3
- New modern cloud Backup platform providing 10 times faster backup and restore speeds.
- New redesigned user interface with a 1 second maximum page load time.
- Brand new account setup experience from initial setup to backup in less than 5 minutes.
- Enhanced search and filter options across Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams.
- Backup and restore items in SharePoint, including:
- All sites and subsites.
- All libraries, lists, site pages, and wiki pages.
- Files and folders including metadata.
- Backup and restore Exchange archive mailboxes.
- Expanded Teams support, including:
- Granular recovery.
- Teams metadata including members.
- Office 365 group mailbox and site.
- New support access button to control who can securely access your backup data.
- Export functionality only works for files.
- Export will be extended to cover accounts and folders in a future release.
- Restore to alternate location popup is not a searchable list.
- The alternate location will be a searchable field in a future release.
- Exchange requires a full email address in the From field under the Filter button.
- Unable to adjust a backup schedule or retention policies.
- Planned for a future release.
- All data will be retained with unlimited retention until a future release is available.
- Unable to set up email notifications for alerts and backup failures.
- Planned for a future release.
See also Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information.