You can configure the Barracuda Email Security Service to simultaneously scan both inbound and outbound mail. Use the steps in this article to enable outbound mail spam and virus scanning.
Step 1. Add Valid Sender IP Address Ranges
- Log in to the Barracuda Email Security Service, and go to Outbound Settings > Sender IP Address Ranges.
- Enter the IP Address and Domain Name (logging domain) and optional Comment for IP address ranges allowed to send outgoing email from your domains, and click Add. Note that each mail server must contain a reverse DNS PTR record.
Add all IP addresses from which outgoing mail is allowed to flow through the Barracuda Email Security Service. The Logging Domain is the domain name that appears in the Message Log as the sending domain for the associated IP address.
Step 2. Configure Your Mail Server or Smart Host
Complete the following steps for each domain from which you are relaying outbound mail:
- Log in to the Barracuda Email Security Service, and go to Domains > Domain Manager.
- Note the Outbound Hostname for the domain that is to relay outbound mail.
- Specify this value in your mail mail server or smart host.
Step 3. Verify Mail is Flowing
- Log in to the Barracuda Email Security Service.
In the Dashboard page verify inbound and outbound messages are being logged for the selected domain.
Table 1. Outbound Mail Settings.
|Outbound Mail Scanning||
Outbound mail scanning includes:
The following tools are not applied to outbound mail:
|Outbound Mail Encryption||
To prevent data leakage and ensure compliance with financial, healthcare, and other federally regulated agency information policies, you can require all email sent from any or all configured domains to be encrypted by configuring outbound mail encryption policies on the Outbound Settings > Content Policies page at the domain level.
Inbound and outbound email transmission can also be required over a TLS channel.
|Outbound Message Footer||You can configure Barracuda Email Security Service to append a custom text and/or html footer to each outbound message at the global level on the Outbound Settings > Tagline/Footer page.|