This solution applies to the Barracuda Email Security Service.
- Login to your ESS account and navigate to your Domains tab.
- In the topmost field where it says "Add new domain:" enter in the name of the domain you wish to add. Type in the external IP address of the Destination mail server. Then press Add.
- When the page refreshes you will see your domain added. From there select "Settings" of the recently added domain.
- In the second field labeled "MX Records Configuration" BESS, will have generated two new MX records for your new domain.
- When you are ready to do so, login to your Registrar and make the appropriate MX record changes to your DNS. With a 0 Priority for your Primary MX record, and a priority of 5.
- Now you can configure your new domain just like your primary domain.
Note: Remember that DNS propagation can take up to 48 hours to complete, so Barracuda recommends that you perform any DNS changes on off hours, or a weekend to mitigate any downtime incurred due to DNS propagation.
Link to this page: