The Barracuda Message Archiver is a complete and affordable email archiving solution designed for optimizing email storage, meeting regulatory compliance and e-discovery requirements, and providing anytime/anywhere access to old emails. The Barracuda Message Archiver integrates with all standards-based email servers and provides powerful search, retrieval, and export capabilities for administrators, auditors, and end-users.
Where to Start
The selected deployment mode is dependent on the email server configuration that currently exists at your site as well as the number of domains that are to be archived.
Public Cloud Hosted Virtual Appliance
Accounts and Roles
Use the 30-Day Evaluation Guide as a sample road map for setting up and testing the Barracuda Message Archiver in your organization's environment.
- Import Historical Data – Archive any existing (stored) items that were either stored on your email server prior to setting up the Barracuda Message Archiver or stored in .pst files.
Search Archived Content – Basic Search allows you to search archived content based on a word or phrase across all messages accessible by your account. Advanced Search allows you to run a complex search query based on multiple criteria; note that you can save queries for future use.
- Federated Search – Configure search across multiple Barracuda Message Archivers and Barracuda Cloud.
Cloud Storage – Rotate or mirror data from the Barracuda Message Archiver to Barracuda Cloud.
- Retention Policies – Set the maximum age of an archived message before it is permanently purged from the archive.
- Define Policies and Policy Alerts – In addition to built-in policy definitions, customize policies based on Saved Search criteria, and set up email notifications that are sent out when an incoming message that meets the policy criteria is detected.
- Exchange Stubbing – Enable stubbing to store attachments on the Barracuda Message Archiver rather than on the mail server itself to greatly increase the storage capacity of the mail server.
- Litigation Holds (auditor role only) – Define litigation holds to prevent messages that meet specific criteria from being removed from the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook – Synchronize archived folders with Microsoft Outlook, search for archived messages and other Outlook data, view and interact with your archived Outlook items, access stubbed attachments, and archive messages.
- Barracuda Message Archiver Companion Mobile Applications – Search for archived messages, search deleted messages, view and interact with your archived messages.
- Manage User Access – Manage user access to tools and add-ins, select whether to require login to view mail, and automatically terminate client sessions.
- User Access
- Search Using ANDs and ORs
- Search Using Keyword Expressions
- Configure Office 365 Journaling
- Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook