The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is assigned a default IP address of 192.168.200.200. You can change the address using the administrative console or by pressing and holding the RESET button on the front panel.
To set a new IP address using the RESET button:
- Hold the RESET button for eight seconds to change the default IP address to 192.168.1.200. Hold the RESET button for 12 seconds to change the IP address to 10.1.1.200.
To set a new IP address using the administrative console:
- Connect your keyboard and monitor directly to the Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
- At the login prompt, enter admin for the login and for the password:
If your appliance serial number is higher than 1311431, then the default administrator password is the numeric portion of the serial number. If your serial number is 1311431 or lower, then the default administrator password is admin. For help finding the serial number of your appliance, see Serial Number for Hardware and Virtual Appliances.
- The User Confirmation Requested window displays the current IP address configuration of the Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Using your tab key, select Change and press Enter to change the IP address configuration.
- Enter the new IP address, netmask, and default gateway for your Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Select Save, and then select Exit. The Primary and Secondary DNS fields can be entered at this step or from the web interface.
The new IP address and network settings are applied to your Barracuda Web Application Firewall.