Each machine in your backup domain must have Yosemite Server Backup installed. Designate one machine as the master server for the backup domain. Download the self-extracting Installer archive and install Yosemite Server Backup on the master server. Copy the installer to each client machine that belongs to the backup domain and install Yosemite Server Backup.
Download Yosemite Server Backup Installer
Begin the installation process by downloading Yosemite Server Backup Installer to the machine that you have chosen as the master server for your backup domain, After installing Yosemite Server Backup on the master server, copy the installer and install Yosemite Server Backup on each client machine.
- Open a web browser.
- Navigate to http://www.barracuda.com/products/yosemiteserverbackup.
- Complete the form for the 60 Day Yosemite Server Backup Trial.
- Click Next to complete all of the pages, then click Submit.
- Check your email for a message from Barracuda. Copy the Evaluation Key from the email to the clipboard.
- Follow the link in the email to the download site.
- On the Yosemite Server Backup Download selection page, scroll down and click the link corresponding to the operating system of the domain master server:
- Windows-only domain: Yosemite Server Backup 10.4 – Windows
- Linux-only domain: Yosemite Server Backup 10.4 – Linux
- Mixed Windows and Linux domain with a Windows master server: Yosemite Server Backup 10.4 – All Platforms – Windows Installer
- Mixed Windows and Linux domain with a Linux master server: Yosemite Server Backup 10.4 – All Platforms – Linux Installer
Continue to the installation procedure for the machine to which you downloaded the installer.
Install Yosemite Server Backup on Windows machines
If you selected one of the Windows install options from the Yosemite Server Backup Download selection page in the Download Yosemite Server Backup procedure described above, perform the following steps to complete the installation process on Windows machines. You must have Administrator access to install Yosemite Server Backup.
- When the download is complete, double-click the icon for the Yosemite Server Backup self-extracting archive to launch the installer.
- When the Yosemite Server Backup is finished extracting the Installer, in the Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- In the Yosemite Server Backup dialog box, select the language that you want from the drop-down menu and click OK,
In the Yosemite Server Backup Installation 10.03.00 dialog box, select I accept the terms specified in the Software License Agreement and click Next.
- Choose one of the following install options:
- If this is the first machine on which you are installing Yosemite Server Backup, select Make this Machine the Master Server and click Next to begin the installation.
- If this is any other machine on your network, select Make This Machine a Client of a Master Server and click Next to begin installation.
- Click Finish. This launches Yosemite Server Backup interface.
- In the Licenses dialog box, paste the Evaluation key from the clipboard and click OK.
Install Yosemite Server Backup on Linux machines
If you selected one of the Linux install options from the Yosemite Server Backup Download selection page in the Download Yosemite Server Backup procedure described above, perform the following steps to complete the installation process on Linux machines. You must install Yosemite Server Backup as the root user.
- In the download dialog box. select Save File and click OK.
- When the archive download completes, extract it to a desired location.
- Open the extracted folder and choose one of the following installation options:
- Double-click Install and click Run.
- Right-click Install and select Open in Terminal.
- Log in as root user or, if you are already logged in as a standard user, sudo in to root user.
- From the command prompt, change directory to the extracted directory.
- List the files in the directory.
- At the command prompt, type ./install.
- In the Yosemite Server Backup dialog box, choose a language from the Select a language list and click OK.
- In the Yosemite Server Backup Installation 10.03.00 dialog box, select I accept the terms specified in the Software License Agreement and click Next.
- Select one of the following options:
- If this machine is going to be the master server for your backup domain, select Make This Machine a New Master Server.
- If this machine is going to be a client of an existing master server, select Make This Machine a Client of a Master Server.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the master server machine to which you want the client to connect,
- Click Test Connection to confirm the connection was established.
- Click OK, then click Next to initiate installation.
- Once the installation is completed, click Finish.
Install Yosemite Server Backup on Linux machines using the Command Line Interface (without a GUI)
- Download the Linux install package, as described above.
- Navigate to the download location in a terminal.
Create an extraction directory:
mkdir ysb, and change to that directory:
- Extract the YSB install package:
tar -pxzf ../barracuda-ysb-xx.xx.xxxxx.
- Run the installer with
sudo ./install. Note that you can omit the
sudoif you are already running as the superuser.
- Follow the prompts as they appear:
- Select your preferred language.
- Agree to the license agreement.
- Select the location for your Yosemite Server Backup installation.
- Select one of the following options:
- Create a new storage management domain – Installation is complete.
- Connect to existing storage management domain – You are prompted to enter the hostname or IP address of the domain server you want to join. Press F10 to finish installation.