The Barracuda Network Access Client interacts with the Access Control service of the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall. The Access Control service defines security policies for network users (e.g., VPN clients) and enables the CloudGen Firewall to perform identity and health checks on clients. The Barracuda VPN Client acts as the server-side component between the VPN client and the CloudGen Firewall / Firewall Control Center. However, most functionalities of the VPN client are also usable in conjunction with consumer-level Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series units. The Barracuda Network Access/VPN Client supports the following authentication methods: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, ADFS/SAML (Windows and macOS only), MSNT, RSA ACE, X.509 certificates, RSA tokens, Smart Cards.
- For information on how to set up and use the Access Control service on the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, see Access Control Service.
- For information on how to configure the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series for client-to-site VPN, see How to Configure a Client-to-Site VPN with Certificate Authentication.
For proper operation, all components of the Barracuda Network Access Client framework, the Access Control service on the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, and the client software require up-to-date virus and spam protection.
Installing the Barracuda Network Access / VPN Client for Windows
The Barracuda Network Access Client consists of the Barracuda Health Agent Access Monitor, the Personal Firewall, and the Barracuda VPN Client for Windows. The Barracuda VPN Client license is included with every appliance. On hardware appliances, it allows for unlimited users, whereas on virtual appliances it is limited to the virtual appliance’s capacity. The Barracuda SSL VPN and NACv50 subscription licenses are also available as an option.
- For information on how to install the Barracuda Network Access Client and all of its components, see Installing the Barracuda Network Access/VPN Client for Windows.
Installing the Barracuda VPN Client for macOS
The Barracuda VPN Client for macOS is a fully featured VPN client for macOS version 10.5 or higher. The client can either connect directly to a VPN server or through HTTP, SOCKS4, or SOCKS5 proxies using different protocols. You can configure an unlimited number of named VPN profiles to fulfill a wide variety of VPN server requirements. The secure and small client can run in a background task and lets you quickly connect and disconnect to configured VPN servers.
- For information on how to install the Barracuda VPN Client for macOS, see Installing the Barracuda VPN Client for macOS.
Installing the Barracuda VPN Client for Linux
The Barracuda VPN Client for Linux, macOS command line, and OpenBSD is a command-line VPN client. If your system is running macOS 10.5 Leopard or higher, you can also use the Barracuda VPN Client for macOS instead. The Barracuda VPN Client features a GUI.
- For information on how to install the Barracuda VPN Client for Linux, see Installing the Barracuda VPN Client for Linux and OpenBSD.