The Barracuda Campus newsletter is published monthly with a listing of new and updated articles by product. The Highlights section announces new product documentation and other major additions or updates to the Barracuda Campus. Check back each month to see What's New!
Please direct feedback and questions to email@example.com.
Choose Your Product
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall v.9.0 has been released. With firmware version 9.0, several new features and improvements have been applied. For more information, see the Release and Migration Notes.
- Barracuda Email Gateway Defense – Auto-authentication has been disabled for end users from quarantine email digests.
- Barracuda Data Inspector – Updated with latest features and improved user interface.
- Barracuda Email Security Gateway – Release v9.2.
- Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup – Multiple releases in March and April 2023.
- The instructor-led WAS01 - WAF-as-a-Service Foundation technical training has been released.
Barracuda Campus Feedback
The Comments section from Barracuda Campus has been removed and replaced with the Feedback section. Scroll to the bottom of the page to provide feedback. Note that the Feedback section is available only for Barracuda Campus articles.
Barracuda Cloud Control
- Email Protection – Users must use a product activation key to activate their Email Protection products.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall – With firmware version 9.0, several new features and improvements have been applied.
- Policy Profiles – With firmware version 9.0, it is possible to create file content- and user agent policies.
Barracuda Content Shield
- LDAP Active Directory and Barracuda Content Shield – Added link to article showing Barracuda IP addresses and ranges to allow.
Barracuda Data Protection
- Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Release Notes – Updated for March and April 2023 releases.
- Detections – Files discovered to have sensitive data or are malicious.
- File Details – Information about a file's type, ownership, access, content violations, and more.
- Audit Log – All activities in Barracuda Data Inspector by date, category, description of the activity, user that took the action, user email, and remote IP address. Logged activities include changes to settings such as modifying user roles and adding/deleting classifier assignments, viewing the reports and previews, and more.
- Scan Log – Every action taken on each file, whether by the Barracuda Data Inspector or an admin remediation.
- Getting Started – Moved Detections information to a new page.
- Settings – Updated settings to reflect new features and improved UI.
Barracuda Email Protection
- Step 1 - Activate Subscription – Users must use a product activation key to activate their Email Protection products.
- How to Journal to the Cloud Archiving Service from Google Workspace – Users must use a product activation key to activate their Email Protection products.
Email Gateway Defense
- Quarantine Notifications – Auto-authentication has been disabled for end users from quarantine email digests.
- Secured Message Transmission – Updated TLS feature for inbound and outbound mail.
- Managing User Accounts – User sender policies are not backed up by Email Gateway Defense.
- Email Gateway Defense New User Interface User Guide – User sender policies are not backed up by Email Gateway Defense.
- Step 1 - Set Up Email Gateway Defense for Microsoft 365 – Users must use a product activation key to activate their Email Protection products.
- Splunk Integration – Updated with latest instructions.
- Barracuda Email Threat Scanner – Updated the tab information displayed when viewing emails in the Scan Summary.
- Spear Phishing Protection
- Attachments are now shown on the Email tab in the Message Details.
- Suspicious elements of an email can be highlighted to show why Barracuda Impersonation Protection classified it as malicious.
Security Awareness Training
- What's New in Security Awareness Training – New content added to the Security Awareness Training platform to help you fortify your organization against phishing attacks and other cyber threats.
- Using Microsoft 365 Defender with Security Awareness Training – Updated the allowed traffic list of IP addresses.
- Email Allow List and Best Practices – Added to the list of entries to allow for web proxies and exclude from caching.
- Using Your Own Domains – Added steps to include a DMARC DNS hostname and TXT record when using your own domain.
- Click Thinking Content – Added the new Click Thinking newsletter and updated the list of available Training Modules.
Barracuda Email Security Gateway
Barracuda Message Archiver
- How to Deploy Barracuda Message Archiver Vx Images – Updated link to download virtual images.
- The self-paced training videos for Message Archiver have been updated to reflect recent changed to the product.
- The instructor-led WAS01 - WAF-as-a-Service Foundation training has been released. Classes are open for registration.
- CDN Rules – Defined rules to govern how incoming requests and caching occur on CDN endpoint servers.
- Rotating Container Config Keys – Replaced the config key, which defines a container's entire configuration.
- Updated the order of the article menu.
- Using a 3rd party CDN with WAF-as-a-Service – Added a note to distinguish between Barracuda Content Delivery Network (and) third party CDNs.
Barracuda Web Security Agent
- Configuration Tool for Barracuda WSA Windows Client 5.0 and Above – Added details for Debug Mode levels and what each level provides.
Barracuda Web Security Gateway
- About the Barracuda Web Security Gateway Hardware – Updated with revised 810 back panel and WAN/LAN ports and added new 610b model information.
- Appliance Replacement, RMA, and Data Migration – Updated with latest addresses for RMA.